Q. How do I transfer my references from word to endnote web?
I have started using the inbuilt referencing feature in word, but I want to start using endnote basic instead so that I can jump from one PC to another and keep my references with me, how do I do it?
- Register and login to Endnote Web using this link: endnote You will be asked to authenticate with your campus login details. The ensures that the ITS Harvard style will then be available to you in word.
- Install the Cite While You Write™ Plug-In if using your own pc or laptop. It can be found under the Downloads tab in Endnote Web.
- Open word and click on the Endnote Tab
- Sign in using your Endnote login details
- Click on the export to Endnote Web dropdown link
- click Export Word Citations (exports all references from the current document)
- If you click export Word Master List it exports all references from all documents you have references in.
- Please let us know if this works differently for you, or if you have any problems by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org thanks, or add a comment.
Was this helpful? 0 0
- Tested this Oct 2018 and it works
- still works 2020