Answered By: Aine Meehan Last Updated: Mon,Nov,2017 Views: 668
Introduction to EndNote Online Roaming Access
There are several different versions of EndNote.
- EndNote Desktop - which you can buy yourselves and install on your computer. We do not support this in the library and can't help you with it. In most cases even at Masters and PhD level EndNote Online Roaming Access is fine.
- EndNote apps which you can buy yourselves and install on your phone or tablet. Again you are on your own with support.
- EndNote Online - is a combination of an online account and a plugin for Microsoft Word. It is free for everybody all around the world.
- EndNote Online Roaming Access - This requires you to login to EndNote online on campus in an Institute that has a subscription to Web of Science or Roaming access (IT Sligo for example). This gives you a roaming library and means you get access to the IT Sligo Harvard Bibliographic Style. You have to login "on campus" once every 12 months to keep roaming access. We are going to show you how to register and login in such a way that looks like you are "on campus" so you get roaming access. Roaming access is given to you while you are a student of IT Sligo.
- Web of Science is a journal citation database that we subscribe to. EndNote Online is owned by the same company. Your login will work for both Web of Science (WOS) and EndNote Online.
How to Create an EndNote Online Account
- Go to www.myendnoteweb.com and create an account. You can use whatever email address you like.
- You will need to confirm your registration in your email account.
Connect your account to IT Sligo for roaming access if you are off campus
You have to do this once a year to get the IT Sligo Harvard style working in word. This will not work from some workplaces, or work devices, or from other third level campuses.
- Go to the library website and click on the Databases A-Z Link. Click "Endnote Basic for Roaming Access" link. Or use the Direct link: "Endnote Basic for Roaming Access".
- You will have to authenticate using your campus login details. (same as Moodle)
- Click the "EndNote" link (figure 1)
- On the page that appears login using the same endnote login details you created earlier
How to Login to EndNote Online the next time
Use this url: www.myendnoteweb.com . Once a year login using the instructions above. (to keep roaming access )
How to check to see if you have "Roaming" Access
- When logged in to EndNote Online, click on the person icon at the top left. (figure 4)
- Click the cog symbol that says "Account" beside it.
- Click the subscription link at the top, and you will see if you have roaming access and when it will expire.
Where do I download the plugin software from?
- Click on the Downloads link at the top of the page, then click on the correct download link for your device. Do not use the mass program installation link (figure 6)
- Before you install the plugin make sure that Word is closed.