How do I borrow a book from the library during Covid Answered By: Aine Meehan Last Updated: Wed,Jan,2021 Views: 210
How do I borrow a book from the library during Covid Answered By: Aine Meehan
Last Updated: Wed,Jan,2021 Views: 210
Click and Collect Service - How it Works
- Login to your library account, then search for a book.
- Place a hold (reservation) on the book.
- library staff will pick any books on hold off the shelf. The library staff do this twice a day. Morning and afternoon.
- Library staff will check out the books to you and generate an automatic email to you.
In this email there are two buttons:
- The first button links to a booking system where you can reserve a collection time for picking up your book(s)
- The second button links through to the library email address where you can tell us you want the book posted to you.
- Click the catalogue link from the library website or go to https://libsearch.itsligo.ie
- Click on the login Link and login using your college email address in the format email@example.com and your college password.
- Search for the print book you want. Make sure it is not an electronic book.
- Click place hold button
- Click the confirm button
- Before Covid you would only have been able to place a hold on a book that was on loan.
- Book postal returns are free. We provide a pre-paid bag
Book Postal Loans are for you If:
- you are working 9-5 and can't manage to come in.
- If you are vulnerable.
- If you live outside Sligo
- Students can have 3 holds at a time, Academic Staff can have 1
- You can’t have 2 holds on the same title.
- A catalogue is a searchable website that lists all the books that a library owns.