Answered By: Aine Meehan Last Updated: Nov 09, 2016 Views: 82
Sometimes as an online learner you might try to access the IT Sligo Library databases from your workplace or work laptop, and we have found over the years is that your workplace firewall restrictions usually prevent it. This method of authentication seems to work for some off campus students. Please let us know in the comments if it works, or if we can amend this guide to make it better.
Please let us know if this works here by adding a comment at the bottom. Thanks you
- Go to http://emeraldinsight.com/
- Click login from top right
- Click Shibboleth link
- Select Ireland - Edugate Federation from the Geographic Location drop down menu and then click Institute of Technology Sligo
- Input your student number and campus password to gain access to Emerald.
(Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete, Regional Business News and UK &Eire Reference Center
- Go to http://search.ebscohost.com/
- Click Shibboleth Login
- Select Irish Edugate Federation from the list
- Click Institute of Technology Sligo
- Click EBSCOhost Research Databases
- You can then select which of the 4 EbscoHost databases to search, or search them all at once.
- Go to www.sciencedirect.com
- Click the Sign in Link at the top of the page
- Click the "other institution login" link. see image below.
- You can search for Sligo in the "Search for your institution" box or browse by selecting Irish Edugate Federation and then picking Institute of Technology Sligo from the list.
- In the login box that appears enter your student number as the username and your usual email/Moodle password.