Answered By: Aine Meehan Last Updated: Feb 09, 2016 Views: 903
How to Borrow a book using a Summon Search
First of all you need to search Summon for the book to see if we have it, and if it is on the shelf or on loan. Go to the Library website at www.library.itsligo.ie
- Type in search and click Go (You could try the book author or title or ISBN or subject/topic/keyword)
- Click book/ebook to limit to books (on left of Summon page)
- You will need the class number of the book. (this is how you find it on the shelves)
- Don't forget to click on the + for more copies which opens the expanded view
Go to the shelves and look for 657 WOO
(Each shelf has a poster on the side showing what class numbers sit on it)
Borrow the book
You have two options:
- Use the Quick Check machine (opposite library desk). Scan your student id card, input your library password and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Go to the Information Desk and present the book and your id card /student card to the Library staff member on duty who will then check out the book to you.
Please note that the Information Desk opens at 10am every day.
- Please ask us at the information desk if you need help finding the books on the shelves. We would be delighted to show you how it works.