Answered By: Aine Meehan Last Updated: Oct 27, 2015 Views: 347
Please see our detailed guide on how to search for a book in Summon to find it on the shelf.
This guide assumes you have already found the book on the shelf.
Borrow a Book at the Information Desk
Bring the book up to the information desk with your student card. A library staff member will scan your card and check the book out to you on the library circulation system . You will be given a receipt for the book which have the return date printed on it.
Borrow a Book at the Quick Check Machine
You will need your student ID card and library password to use the quick check machine
- Touch the button Borrow Account Info Renew Items on the touch screen
- place your student ID card in the slot with the photo side face up as shown on the screen
- once your barcode is read a keyboard appears on screen, type in your library password
- place your books on the blue glass and wiggle them (that's the fun part) and once they are scanned select Finish on the screen
- The machine will print a receipt with the return date
Return your Books- 3 different ways to do it!!
- Hand the books to a staff member on duty at the information desk
- Return via the Quick Check machine (you will get a receipt if you wish to prove you have returned the book (s)
- Or.... Place in the book returns postbox
Renew your books
If you need your book(s) longer than their return date, you can renew them, this extends the loan period typically by the same amount of time you got it out for in the first place.
So if your book was dur back in a weeks time, a renewal will give you another week.
There are different ways to renew your books-
- Phone us up and give us your student number
- Call to the desk and give us your student number or bring the book in
- Renew your books online from home or college yourself
How to Renew books Online
Click My Account and login using your library password
The books you have on loan should be listed.
Click Renew all. You will be asked if you wish to proceed. Click yes. The new due date (return date) will appear