Answered By: Aine Meehan Last Updated: Aug 01, 2017 Views: 68
What is the cite it right plugin?
The cite while you write plugin is a small program that installs on your pc or mac, and sticks a new tab into word that allows you to do your referencing.
What are the advantages of using it?
The advantage of this over the referencing tab that already exists in word is that the endnote plugin (another word for a program that sticks onto another program such as word) will connect to your endnote basic account and you will be able to use all the references you already have in endnote basic.
How do I get it?
- Mouse over the yellow format tab in endnote basic
- Click on the cite while you write plugin link
- Follow the instructions to install the plugin
- When installed open word and click on the endnote tab
- enter your endnote basic login details
- click in the style dropdown box and select Harvard ITS (IT Sligo referencing style)*
- To insert a citation while typing, click "insert citations" button, search for an author or keyword and click insert.
- If you want to add two authors to the one in text citation, just create one first with author 1 and then click into that in-text citation before you click the insert citations button to add author 2
Video on how to use the plugin