Answered By: Aine Meehan Last Updated: Aug 01, 2017 Views: 86
The Harvard ITS style and other styles added by library staff are not displaying in Word.*
Reason for the Problem
There are 2 versions of endnote basic ( formally endnote web)
One version can be used by anyone in the world as it is a free product, and the second version is linked to IT Sligo and our referencing style.
When off campus users just go to www.myendnoteweb.com and register, endnote does not know to link the student to IT Sligo. To get around this you have to either register on campus or use the link we provide.
Steps to fix this issue
- Close Word if you have it open
- Click on this link (also attached to this FAQ)
- Enter your college login (student number and college or Moodle password)
- Register or sign in (if you already have an unlined endnote basic account) to Endnote Basic
- reopen word and you should see the correct styles loaded (see above screenshot)
* Please note that this workaround depends on you having the cite while you write plugin from endnote basic installed on your pc or mac.